Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prepared, Braced, Equipped, and Ready

So, for the last year and a half I have been single for the first time as an adult, and it has definitely been a time of self reflection.  Over the course of  18 months I have challenged myself in ways that I never had before.  Some of my goal reaching has played out publicly such as my songs and some of my writings, while many others have been private, like my diet, overall lifestyle, and private writings.  All of it has been geared towards making a better me in preparation to be someone elses better half.  


I realized that one of my biggest problems in the past had been that I never fully explored and tried to understand who I was.  What was for sure is that I made a drastic change from the immature, and on several levels ignorant, child that I was to the man that I had become.  It was hard to share all of that with someone else though when I hadn't fully grasped what all of the new me had combined to be.  I have that understanding now, and with it has come an amazing level of clarity.  It is clear to me now who I am, and on a relationship level who I can be as a woman's partner through life.  It is because of this that I say I am Prepared, Braced, Equipped, and Ready.  

I share these thoughts with hopes of inspiring others to find themselves prior to beginning their next failed relationship, or within their current failing relationship.  

Prepared:
Because I know who I am I know who I want.  The woman that I am prepared to meet is confident enough in who she is that she does not hide behind anything, including layers of make-up.  I understand that light touch-ups can accentuate and add to the beauty that is a woman, and I embrace that.  It is the overly made-up woman that I am not interested in.  I am looking for something real, and the last time I checked it is things like the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus that are made-up, so rather than something fake, I am prepared to meet a real, beautiful woman.  

Braced:
By knowing what it is that I want, an amazing partnership, I am braced for the wait that something meaningful takes.  I’ve heard it several times, “anything worth having is worth waiting for.”  That is a powerful saying that we too often take for granted, but through experience I have learned that being part of the ‘microwave generation’ has only lowered the quality of our products.  Since I am looking for a high quality woman, I am braced for the chase.  I am more than happy to practice chivalry, and nurture the mental aspects as the physical parts of the relationship develop at a natural pace.  This does not imply that I am beyond temptation or that I am willingly patient.  Instead, I would say that the frustrations that come with the waiting helps determine with clarity the true feelings that exist.  For that I am braced.

Equipped:
Because I have given myself time to develop as a man, I am equipped to treat a woman like the queen she is.  The self knowledge, along with a recognition of the value women have on this earth allows me to properly appreciate the one that I will take as mine.  There are plenty of girls around these days, and dealing with them can be quite simple, though simultaneously frustrating.  Dealing with a woman is a different thing entirely though, it requires mental stimulation, consistent admiration, and honest conversations.  These things take a real man, who is properly equipped for the task at hand.  I am equipped.

Ready:
Through all of the self reflection, it is life experience that has me ready to deal with the realities of a relationship.  Disagreements will arise, and how they are dealt with will help to determine the success or failure of the relationship.  It is necessary to see past petty differences, and embrace the grand similarities that hold the relationship together.  When people say that relationships are work they are absolutely serious, and to ignore this reality is irresponsible. One must go into the situation ready for the challenges that will surely surface, and I am ready for that.


I just hope she is Prepared to find what she wants, Braced enough to make it worth having, Equipped to accept royal treatment, and Ready for the realities of a relationship.

Check out the song that this blog corresponds to below: Feedback is always appreciated.




http://www.SkoolFL.com


8 comments:

  1. All I can say is that I truly hope you find the woman of your dreams. Just take each day as it comes, learn from any mistakes, don't be afraid to say sorry, and treat a woman how you would like a man to treat your mother or sister - with respect and dignity. You're not a failure if it doesn't work out, as sometimes people are just not right for each other. On the other hand, you could meet the woman who will stay by your side for the next 60 years. Who knows.

    All the best mate. Lovely Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, and trust me I am in no rush to give up the peace that has come over my life.

      Delete
  2. Great post, I know I have been in that situation a few times, lost in the world, lost inside yourself. I ended up seeing all I went through as more and more preparation. I learned what I was able to put up with, what I was willing to lose, what I wanted to gain, all from failed relationships. And even though it was all relative to hell; falling in and out of love, dying a bit inside; it prepared me for my current relationship, which is going to be the one I get married in.

    Good luck to you, it will come, no matter how long you have to wait and what you have to go through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that story. I definitely agree that the often difficult journey is worth it in the end.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've been and continue to be on an exciting voyage of self-discovery. Everything will come in its own way and time. Meanwhile enjoy the journey. Great song, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do plan to continue enjoying this journey, and I am absolutely confident that the reward will come on its own time.

      Delete
  4. Don't worry; you'll find her when you least expect it. I had almost a year of single time after my last divorce and I enjoyed every minute of it...just when I got completely OK with the idea of being alone, I met the man who would later became my husband. Enjoy this journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great story, thanks for sharing it. I absolutely plan to remain patient, and to make myself the best person possible for whenever it comes along.

      Delete