The first week of school is in the books. It was awesome, and I definitely feel like I am in a good place. A few interesting things happened:
1. A student asked if I fought on the U.S. side in Afghanistan...Really!!
2. I almost trampled a sixth grader turning a corner.
3. A student told me that the class was quiet durring a fire drill because they were scared of what I might do if they embarrassed me.
4. I made 3 students cry; one because he got a zero on a quiz for talking, one because she didn't have her book and I refused to hear the excuse, and one because she got detention for being late 3 days in a row.
5. I was truly impressed by the effort of both the most overweight and the shortest boys to try out for flag football...they both made the team.
6. One of last years "problem kids" has not been tardy since day 1 after I talked to him.
7. An annoying parent had no idea how to respond to my niceness.
8. I established that homework will be given almost every weekend, and quieted their complaints with a look.
9. I have used a quarter of a tank of gas in a whole week!!!
10. A group of students explained to me that I am confusing because I am so nice and so mean at the same time...
This is going to be a fun year..